I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Delicious Root Beer Cookies

My friend, Amber, was kind enough to share her recipe with me. Honestly my first thought was that they didn't sound very appealing, but since root beer is my most favorite drink, and the only carbonated beverage I drink, I decided to give them a try! Boy, I was sure glad I did! They were surprisingly wonderful! My new favorite cookie-and sure to be yours too! These will not and did not last long!



INGREDIENTS:

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 Tbl. root beer extract
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt



Combine sugars and butter, cream until smooth. Add eggs, root beer extract, vanilla and buttermilk. Mix until all combined. Add flour, soda and salt. Drop by spoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes (I baked mine 9 minutes and they were great!)



Frost when completely cooled.

3 cups powdered sugar
6 Tbl. butter
1 Tbl. root beer extract
3 Tbl. milk

Beat 1 cup of sugar with butter; alternating in the rest.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment