I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Jell-O Pudding Cake

If you want a cake that will be the hit of any BBQ or family gathering, this is the cake for you! Kyle asks me to make this cake at least 2 a month. It is so good, with so many varieties to try! I promise you, if you love pudding and a lite moist cake, you have found your match made in cake heaven!

INGREDIENTS:
1- box of cake mix (see below)
1- small box jell-o
1- 8 oz tub of whip cream
1/4 cup - powdered sugar
1-small box instant pudding
milk
water

Bake cake as directed. Cool at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare small jello by using 3/4 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water. After cake has cooled, poke LOTS of holes all over the cake, I usually take a butter knife and stab and twist it. Then slowly pour the jello over the cake. Refrigerate. Then to prepare the topping mix whip cream and powdered sugar. Prepare small pudding using 1/2 cup LESS of the milk that is suggested on package. Mix whip cream mixture and pudding together. Spread on cake. Refrigerate 4 hours or until topping is set up. ENJOY!

Here are some great combinations to try!

CAKE ... JELLO ... PUDDING
Lemon ..........Lime .................. Lemon
Vanilla .........Cherry ............... Vanilla
White .......... Orange............... Vanilla
Banana .... Straw/Banana ........ Banana
Chocolate .... Cherry ...............Chocolate


We really enjoy the lemon cake combination, very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment