I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Yummy Bread Sticks!

I can't tell you how many times we eat these a month! They go with spaghetti, fettuccine, pizza, soups, well you get the picture! You want to know why I make them so much, because they are EASY! and FAST! And I'm not joking! You have to try them out!

INGREDIENTS:

1 and 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbs. sugar
3 cups flour
1 Tbs yeast
1/2 tsp. salt

Yes, that is it! 5 whopping ingredients!

Now all you gotta do is combing ingredients in order and knead for 3 minutes (if it gets too sticky add some more flour). Cover bowl with a hot wet dish towel and let rise for 20 minutes.
While they are rising, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and melt one cube of butter in a large cookie sheet. (make sure to watch the butter so it doesn't burn!) Roll out dough and cut with pizza cutter and lay it on the cookie sheet, then flip it over so both sides are buttered. Now, I'm kind of a cheese freak...I love it, so I sprinkle some grated cheese on half the bread stick and sprinkle the other half with garlic for my hubs! But any herb would be great or maybe some parmesan cheese! Bake for 12-15 minutes, then ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. These look very yummy :) I will have to try them sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete