I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Italian Chicken and Vegetable Pasta

This is a super cheap and easy meal. We figured it out the other night when we had this and, to feed the three of us,it is cost $3.70! Not to bad! I got my bag of veggies on sale for a dollar, my Italian dressing was free, my noodles were .50 cents and we used half of our fresh chicken so it was $2.20!


INGREDIENTS:

1- bag of fresh vegetables (I find mine by the bags of lettuce)
1- bag of angel hair pasta
3- chicken breasts
1 cup (divided)- Italian dressing (we use zesty)


Cut your chicken in to pieces and place in frying pan. Add 1/2 cup Italian dressing, stir, and cover. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, add veggies and another 1/2 cup dressing, recover. When I'm making it for our family, I end up using another 1/2 cup of dressing, we really like the flavor, but you can add as little or as much as you'd like. Once the veggies are covered, cook your pasta. Remember angel hair cooks super fast, so make sure your veggies are to your desired level of softness, before you boil them!
Guess what we had to go with this dish, yup that's right, some of those yummy bread sticks! See what I mean, they are a great side dish with almost every meal! Just scroll down and get that recipe too! And if you noticed in the picture, I, of course, topped mine with cheese! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment