I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

White Bread

I have always made our bread in our bread machine. But I figured if something ever happened and I couldn't use my trusted machine I better have a back up! So I was on a hunt, and I finally found and made a bread that was absolutely wonderful! We ate one whole loaf for dinner! YES one whole loaf! This is a more time consuming recipe, but worth every butter coated slice of bread! :)


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. yeast
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup veg. oil
6 cups bread flour (I used all purpose and it turned out great)


In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam. This takes about 30 minutes.

Then mix in salt and oil. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch dough down to get air pockets out. Knead for a few minutes and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough has risen 1 inch about pans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Just reading these recipes make me want to rush to the store and try my hand at one or two of them! Just keep in mind that if you ever want somebody to experiment on, you know where I live!!

    ReplyDelete