I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cream Cheese Banana Bread

I love banana bread! It's one of my guilty pleasures! I could easily eat a whole loaf all to myself! After many years of using a recipe that my mom had, I discovered one that I wanted to try. Besides it being amazingly fantastic it was super easy too!!! In fact, it's now my mom's new banana bread recipe!


INGREDIENTS:

1 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Mashed Ripe Banana (about 2 whole bananas)
2 Eggs
2 1/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Chopped Nuts or Chocolate Chips, Optional


Comnine cream cheese, sugar and margarine; mix well. Add banana and eggs to cream cheese mixture. Combine dry ingredients in a different bowl; slowly add to cream cheese mixture and mix until moistened. Bake in a greased and floured 9 x 5 inch bread pan for 65-70 minutes at 350 degrees. I seperated my dough into two smaller loaves and, of course, added chocolate chips Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment