I {HEART} COOKING!

I love cooking! Actually that would be an understatement! I'm infatuated with cooking! Since I love it so much I've decided to make a blog with all my favorite recipes. You'll probably mainly find desserts and treats on here....because my *husband has the biggest sweet tooth ever! I hope you ENJOY!




*husband: A word I use in referring to myself in secrecy. You'll notice I use it a lot!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fruit Pizza

I made this for breakfast the other day...my husband thought I was crazy when I told him I was making pizza for breakfast. He sure was excited when he saw the finished product and even more excited to eat it! This is such a yummy treat for breakfast, a brunch, or even a pot luck dish! It's sure to be a hit!

CRUST:

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 2/3 Cup Flour
2 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 Tsp. Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt

FROSTING:

2 Cups Posdered Sugar
2 Boxes Cream Cheese (8 oz each)
3 Tbs. Pinapple Juice

CRUST: Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs. Add dry ingredients. Press into 2 round pizza pans. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I put mine in a cookie sheet and it fit perfect!

FROSTING: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and pineapple juice. Beat until smooth. Spread on cooled crust. Top with fruit...I put pineapple on mine (since I need the juice anyways), strawberries, rasberries, kiwi, and oranges. I bought grapes and bananas to put on there too, but ran out of room! But you obiviously don't have to make a patern....just throw it all on there! Make sure to serve cold and KEEP REFRIDGEATED!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment